Come in and say “Hi”: 12 Pleasant St, Brunswick, ME 04011
Drop an email: Woodswatersgear@gmail.com
Use a telefono: (207) 844-8353
WE ARE HIRING!
Woods + Waters Gear Exchange is hiring!
We are looking for someone who is passionate about sustainability and getting people outside. As a young business, we are looking for a team member with retail skills who is willing and interested to help grow and develop our space, brand, and vision. Someone who is genuinely excited to talk all day about gear, about amazing local outdoor opportunities, and open to wearing many hats, should apply.
Preferred experience includes retail work, and occasional heavy lifting is a must.
Work all aspects of the retail side of W+W Gear Exchange including, but not limited to:
- Running the cash register
- Communicating consignment policy to consignors
- Sorting & choosing what items to consign
- Researching, pricing + entering items into the system
- Tagging and placing items on the floor
- Arranging floor displays as needed
- Assisting customers to find what they need, answer questions about consignment and gear for all seasonal outdoor pursuits
- General cleaning of the store
- Opening and closing the shop
As we are just forming the team there will be many opportunities to flex skills outside the basic day-to-day retail side of the job. These could include online marketing, website design, event management, space design, and more. We want to encourage and utilize the fullest potential of our staff to allow growth for all!
Weekend shifts (1-2 a month), + weekday shifts as well. 15-20 hours per week to start.
Awesome discounts on gear!
In your “cover” letter, please tell us the following:
- What would you like to bring to the table of a smaller, new business?
- How will you help us (and yourself) grow to the fullest potential?
- Favorite outdoor activity?
- If you were a fruit, what fruit would you be?