We will accept consignment anytime during our regular business hours (no appointment needed!), but to keep consignment running smoothly, please arrive at least an hour before we close.
- Items must be in good condition and functioning properly ( working zippers, no pet hair, and no holes or tears).
- Items must be clean and sanitary
- W + W and its employees have the right to refuse items for any reason
- We will create a customer account for you, or pull up your existing customer account.
- We suggest arriving with a full list of the items you wish to consign at that time, with MSRP, if possible, and how much you would like to sell the item for.
- A good rule of thumb is to set the price at 50% of the item’s current retail price, plus or minus some value dependent on the item’s overall condition.
- Brand-new items must be discounted a minimum of 20% off of their current retail price.
- W + W determines the price of an item, which we base on original price, condition of the item, present demand for similar items, etc. Sometimes, after acceptance of an item, we may discover problems with an item that require an immediate markdown or donation. Please examine your items carefully before bringing them in to assure that they are in salable condition.
- We consign items for 90 days. Prices can be reduced any time during that period. If your items do not sell after 1 month, the price of your items will be lowered 10%. If they have not sold after 2 months, the price will be lowered an additional 10%. W + W reserves the right to lower the price until it sells.
- At any time, items can be taken off consignment by the seller
- If your item does not sell within the consignment period, you have 14 days to pick it up.
- And If you wish your unsold items back, it is your responsibility to call a day or two before your consignment period ends and ask that we gather them for you.
- In the event of an item not selling within 3 months, and seller does not pick up their goods, W + W will be the owner of the items and resell at a lower price, donate or dispose of the item. *If you have a favorite local donation spot, please share and we will be sure to drop the items off there!
- Please call or stop by to check on the status of your consignment account if you do not want to wait until the 90 days is over.
- Your consignment credit will be paid out to your customer account for you to use at your leisure—it will never expire.
- You will receive 65% of the amount your item sold for in-store credit OR 55% in cash or check.
- Although all possible care will be taken of your merchandise, W + W is not responsible for damage or loss.
- We accept returns within 7 days of buying
- If buying a bike, it is your responsibility to get it tuned at a suggested bike shop: LOCAL: Center Street Cycles OR Gorham Bike and Ski, here in Brunswick.
Important note: If you are consigning a tent, it will need to be set up with the help of an employee in order to fully assess its condition.
Final decisions are made once the item is reviewed in store!
Please be sure of the items you are purchasing. Used gear items are sold as-is and without warranty.